Thursday, November 4, 2010

These Cookies Are The Bad Medicine That Will Cure Your Disease

It’s been a few days since I have blogged.  I am actually sitting around daydreaming about what I have to say….trying to come up with exactly where this blog is going.  I like the recipe thing.  It gives me something to blog around.   I tried to think of some “stand alone” blog topics but they just aren’t taking off in my head like I want them too.  For instance, I could talk about how frustrating my hair is since we moved to Japan.  I was brave and went to a salon where a bit of English was spoken, but after two weeks my hair just isn’t the same as it used to be.  I want my hair to look like Bon Jovi’s…..you know, the good days, like 1989.
Cool huh?  But, I get this hair cut and I can’t buy Bumble and Bumble and now my hair looks like the cover of Poison’s “Open Up and Say Ahh” album. 
And that's my face when I am trying to get three girls out the door and off to school in the morning.
I had to make up this quick and speedy cookie recipe (for real? another bake sale?) because I am too busy pulling my crappy hair out. 
Lynnie’s Sugar Cookies
(Okay it is really just Lynnie’s Frosting and you are going to DIE it is so good!)
Ingredients:
·        Refrigerated sugar cookie dough (yeah, the kind you cut up that tastes nasty but is fast to bake)
·        3 cups powdered sugar
·        ¼ cup butter(no substitutes)
·        1 teaspoon pure almond extract
·        2 to 4 tablespoons HOT water
Slice up the cookie dough like directed on the package, bake, and cool.  (If you want to be all prissy, go ahead and cutsie cookie cutter all the cookies.)  In a bowl, combine the sugar, butter, almond extract, and enough water to achieve desired consistency.  I used all 4 tablespoons. I like it more like an icing so I can spread it easily on the tops of the cookies.  Color the icing whatever color you want.  I did “autumn” colors. 
Now you are finished.  Give them away, or eat them all yourself……I ate most of them myself.  While you are eating, here is another Bon Jovi picture to drool over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment