Monday, November 15, 2010

Confessions

It is 4:20am and I have a confession to make.  In 9th grade I told a boy “no” when he asked me to dance at a fall dance, because my friends were making fun of me liking him.  It was one of my first boy/girl dances and if the poor kid was as nervous as I was, I am thinking it took a lot for him to even ask me.  This happened 20 years ago.  Heck, it could have been 20 years to this exact day.  I really did want to dance with him.  He seemed nice and kinda cute and I always wished I would have said yes.  I am pretty sure this would have been like a picture of us if I had.
  So, Nathan C. I am sorry.  I was very LAME to do that to you and I promise I will tell my daughters this story so they are confident enough in themselves to say “yes”, if they want to.  And before you all get too disappointed in me for crushing a young boy’s heart, Nathan is actually one of my friends on Facebook,he has a beautiful little family, and it is highly unlikely he even remembers the incident.  As for me, about 9 months later I said “yes” to Greg at a dance.  We went out for exactly two months and then he dumped me because I didn’t want to French kiss…..barf!
On to my next confession, because Mama’sLosin’It is challenging us on her Writer’s Workshop.  Are you ready? Here it is.........I am a Brand Name snob when it comes to food.   I must get Tostitos Corn Chips, C&H Sugar, Land O’ Lakes butter, and Kraft Macaroni.  I can tell the difference between the Kroger brand spaghetti vs. the much more expensive Bertolli.  What is wrong with me?  It actually makes me gag if I know I am eating a store brand hot dog and not Oscar Mayer.  In my 13 years of marriage how much money could have been saved by ditching the store brands?  If you have any suggestions please let me know, but don’t try and schmooze me with a lunch date because I can totally tell that it's  not Hellman’s real mayo you'll mix in with your chicken salad.
That being said, it is time for my new favorite fall dessert/breakfast/snack.  You might even want to serve these for dinner.
Mini Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
(just make sure the Cream Cheese is Philidelphia)

 
Ingredients:
·        1 2/3 cups flour
·        1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (*or make your own like I do)
·        1 tsp baking soda
·        ¼ tsp salt
·        2 eggs whisked
·        1 cup pumpkin
·        1 stick butter melted
Sift dry ingredients into a medium bowl.  Sifting is a pain but you run the risk of getting soapy chunks of soda in your pretty little muffins, so just do it.  In another medium bowl mix the wet ingredients.  Add the dry gradually to the wet and mix together.
  Prepare mini-muffin pan with liners and fill.  Bake at 350 F for 9 to 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool.
Ingredients for Frosting:
·        8 oz PHILEDEPHIA cream cheese
·        2 Tbsp melted butter
·        1 tsp pure vanilla extract
·        ½ tsp cinnamon
·        3 cups powdered sugar or more until desired consistency

Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.  You may want to let the cream cheese soften a bit first...or this will happen. 
On the other hand, you may just want to beg your husband to buy you new high quality utensils for Christmas.  That’s what I am going to do.  Mix in the cinnamon and then the powdered sugar one cup at a time.  Frost the little muffins.  It makes about four dozen and your house will smell like cinnamony goodness!
Now the big question is, should I tag Nathan C. to this blog on Facebook and see what he says about my confession?  Nahhhh....that's creepy.

5 comments:

  1. why do they have to be mini muffins? why not regular size?? reading over the recipe I might even prefer gargantuan coffeehouse size!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking they have to be mini because surely 8 or 9 mini ones can't be as many calories as a regular one right? That's how I sleep at night anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definately agree with you on the Philadelphia brand cream cheese. It's way better than the store brand. Nothing beats Kraft Mac & Cheese either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds delicious! Think I may give it a try! Your food snobbishness made me laugh! I am that way with toilet paper...Charmin only! You can tell where my priorities are! :)

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooooooooove these muffins.......even more I love you Lynnie!! and Kraft really? its Velveeta shells and cheese all the way !!! Im so involved with this blog Lynn keep it coming !! I really miss you and this helps me to get my Lynnie fix of funny-ness !! after all you are the funny one in our relationship!! miss youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete