Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Groomer


I was so excited for this today!!  It is time for Mama Kat’s Writers Workshop!
Pick a prompt from her list and write!  This week I picked….Write a poem about a time someone made you smile.
My Hairy Legs by Lynnie
It had been so very long,
Since I had shaved my leg hair.
It took about two hours,
But the OB I thought I’d spare.

So I go to my Dr. appointment,
Eager to get it over.
And while my legs are up in stirrups,
On the cell phone rings my lover.

He says, “Not to be a bother,
But our back door did you lock?”
I say, “I am lying here half naked,
And I wish I brought some socks.”

He says, “But honey I am worried….
Into our house someone did break!”
I say, “Are you kidding me dear baby….
Holy heck what did they take?!”

He says, “Don’t worry your big prego belly,
The one I love to rub.
They didn’t take one single thing….
They just groomed a dog in our tub!”

This is just a snippet of what it is like to live with this man……and yes, he is being pushed in a zoo stroller by my daughter.
Love you baby!

If you would like to use your brain power for something other than packing school lunches and endless loads of laundry, check out Mama’s Losin’ It.  In my world she is famous!

7 comments:

  1. Very funny, one I can relate to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!!

    The next time I shave my legs, I'm going to use that one. B/c it will be a while....

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love the pic of hubby in the pram. he is a good sport!

    Tina from
    Mummy Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative writing :-), This one is very funny!

    ReplyDelete