Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Nightmare Before Christmas?

Okay, I have calmed down.  I was in a really really REALLY bad mood for about three days.  It started with the gingerbread houses.  I made four but was going for twelve….it’s a long story and I'll get crabby again if I go into details.
All the gingerbread pieces I made are giving me nightmares...
That is actually a picture inside my brain, of a nightmare.

A fabulous mom would just go ahead and have a fun craft this weekend with her kids…..bowls of candy and royal icing would abound.  Laughter mingled with Christmas music, and lots and lots of hugs and twinkly lights. It would be magic.  All the other blogs would be jealous.  I am sure that our gingerbread house would turn out like this….
Sigh.
Instead, I am just a regular mom.  I don’t think I can handle one more second with those gingerbread parts.  Maybe if I took some artsy pics of the pieces stacked festively by my tree?
Damn.  That didn’t work. 

I wanted to throw them in the trash along with my camera.  I was about to, but my youngest said, “Mom! Don’t throw those away!  I want to make a gingerbread house!”
Sigh again.

Mustering every ounce of strength in me not to throw the pieces against the wall in front of her wondering big brown eyes....which wouldn't work anyway, because they are hard as cement blocks.... I simply said, “Well honey, they are a lot of work, and what are you going to do with it when you are finished?
“I am going to take pictures of it and start a blog.”
Now where did she ever come up with and idea like that?

I guess that means we'll be doing the houses this weekend.

Yay!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo funny!!!! I love it. I am sure your gingerbread houses will look beautiful.
    Think happy, no more nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Let me see the picture when you are done.

    ReplyDelete